Below is a list of careers websites with descriptions of how you may find them useful.
National Careers & Apprenticeship Services
nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk – This is the Government’s hub for careers advice for people of all ages where you can find help with drafting letters, CVs, exploring your skills or seeking careers advice.
– The National Apprenticeship Service website provides general advice and information about apprenticeships. It also advertises current vacancies.
– This website aims to help you to make the most of your potential by showing how others have used theirs, take the ‘Buzz’ personality profile quiz.
– Investigate careers, watch videos and get great advice, find out about employers and work experience opportunities in your area.
– This provides video based job profile information and a skills explorer tool.
– This website gives clear and comprehensive information about a range of Career Zones (sectors), in an easy to access format. You can create a profile to help to collate useful information. ’60 second interviews’ giving profiles of professionals, provide a useful insight into specific careers.
– This is an interactive careers website which provides a ‘careers matching’ programme to help with career choice (log in for a free guest pass).
– Look at this website for opportunities that exist outside of university.
– Explore this website to find out information about university courses on offer and also the Stamford test to help with ideas about subjects to study.
– This website represents 24 leading universities and is a source of careers information & advice including ‘informed choices’, a downloadable guide to making post 16 choices.
– Find out which areas you could access after a particular degree.
– Springboard is for students. It is divided into two main sections: the Career Test and the Career Exploration Tool. These two interactive tools allow students to find some career inspiration and gain an insight into their different career options.
– This site has useful videos, demonstrating how to complete the online applications for many top companies in the UK, as well as providing detailed information on salaries and interviews. Applications forms can be printed off directly from this site.
– Lots of information about specific sectors as well as advice on how to create a CV and prepare for interviews.
– This website displays current apprenticeship and school leaver programme opportunities, to the latest school leaver job news, and gives career journey advice.
– This website gives live apprenticeship vacancies, organised by sector or area. It also gives plenty of advice on making applications.