Our vision for Careers and Employability at Bluecoat Beechdale Academy:
At Bluecoat Beechdale Academy our Careers and Employability vision is to ensure all students develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes which enable them to make aspirational, realistic and informed choices about their futures and that prepare them fully for further study and the world of work.
Objectives for Careers and Employability
The careers and employability strategy will:
- Aid social mobility by providing the careers and employability skills, knowledge, experience, advice and guidance that students require.
- Ensure that every child develops the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the most aspirational pathway for them.
- Inspire students in order to raise academic achievement.
- Provide students with knowledge of all futures pathways and apprenticeships.
- Equip students with, and provide evidence of, the skills needed to succeed in their future pathways and prepare students for jobs that may not yet exist.
- Provide all students with experiences of employers and workplaces.
- Allow students multiple opportunities to engage with further and higher education providers.
- Provide students with knowledge of the local labour market and opportunities within growth sectors.
- Deliver a curriculum that offers appropriate qualifications which prepare students for further study and employment.
- Embed work related learning within subject areas.
- Ensure students have quality advice and guidance at key points of transition.