‘This is a GOOD school’ – Ofsted 2017
Less than three years after being sponsored by Bluecoat Academies Trust, Bluecoat Beechdale has received a ‘good’ grading in its recent Ofsted report. This is a radical change from the last Ofsted inspection which the school, formally known as Hadden Park High School received in November 2013. The report described the school as inadequate and in need of special measures. Weaknesses in the school ranged from outcomes, teaching and learning to leadership and management. This is in stark contrast with the good judgments received for teaching and learning, leadership, outcomes and overall effectiveness in February 2017.
Here are some quotes made by Ofsted:
- Leaders and governors are passionate about ensuring that pupils receive the best possible standard of education.
- Teachers have strong subject knowledge. Effective explanations and skilful questioning promote good learning.
- All adults in the school work as a team to ensure the well-being of pupils at risk of harm.
- The school supports pupils’ emotional needs well, and most now believe that they can succeed.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive and support good learning.
To read the full report from our visit in February please click here: Ofsted Report
To read the letter sent out to parents from Mr Elder click here: Letter to Parents
To read the school Press Release click here: Press Release